loosing weight feeling great

a journal through my inner workings

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Start to move

Tara

Tara Stiles is a great yogi to follow in that she has a "no rules" philosophy to her teaching. She encourages you to work with your body. Trust your instincts and let your body tell you how far to take the moves. You may not get all that information from this single video but you will see the theme I mentioned  as you watch her collection of you tube vignettes. Tonight I worked this routine aware that I am 300 plus pounds and my body responded kindly to the stretch within limits. For example my downward dog was modified to a lesser lunge and my leg although it went above my pelvis did not reach the same angle as demonstrated.  The overall feeling when I finished was positively relaxed and the tension in my shoulders had decreased. I will revisit this routine this week. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home